1. INTRODUCTION – Our commitment to the privacy of your data
www.uarethehero.com is committed to the privacy of your personal data. We firmly believe in transparency and we aim to maintain a relationship with you that is based on respect, trust, and mutual interest.
We appreciate the trust you have placed on us by sharing your personal experiences and information with us. As such, we will do everything in our hands to keep your data safe and only work only with third parties that we trust.
- We do not use personal information that is not really necessary.
- We don’t share your personal information with any third party, unless it is to fulfill our legal obligations or unless we have your permission
2. WHO IS RESPONSIBLE OF THE MANAGEMENT OF YOUR DATA?
Jessica de la Morena Miller who can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org is the owner of this website and is responsible of the personal data that you share when, for example, you submit a story through the website or when we have access to your data if n you browse this site (for example, via cookies).
I am concerned that my ID number will be distributed widely and therefore do not publish it here, but if you would like it, please email me and I will send it to you without a problem. For any questions related to data privacy you can contact us at email@example.com.
3. ¿WHAT PERSONAL DATA DO WE USE AND HOW AND FOR WHAT PURPOSE DO WE COLLECT IT?
Through our website www.uarethehero.com you have the possibility to share with us your experiences and your reviews of articles and information that we share.
Data you provide us
o Through submission forms on our Web
If you want to share your narrative or want to review articles that we write or those of our users, you will have to fill out a form and send it to us through our website. The information that we request (or that we access) through the submission process on the Web is the minimum required for you to access the services on our Web and for us to publish the content you send to us:
- Full name and the pseudonym that you want your article published with
- Where you are from (Country, City, State)
- Email address
- Your IP address, the access information of your device, the navigation history on our Web.
In this case, we will use your data in order to:
- Manage the publication of your article that you are requesting and to contact you, if necessary, for this purpose
- Send you information that you may request from us about our services and activities, if you have accepted to receive such information
- Run statistical and analytical studies
Related to the narratives and reviews that you may send us for publication on our website, please keep in mind the information in Section 9 [hyperlink] (Content generated by users)
o Through our communication channels
If you get in touch with us through any of our communication channels or you send us an email or a whatsapp to request information, manage a request, etc. we will use your data forthe purpose of:
- Manage the relationships that you request at any given moment
- Send you information that you may request about our activities and services, if you have requested such information
- Produce statistics and analysis
Remember that it is your responsibility to ensure that the information that you provide us is true and correct and that it does not breach any privacy or legal obligations towards third parties. If this were not the case, then you would be responsible for the inaccuracy or false information, as well as for the damages that you may cause. We reserve the right to cancel your registration and delete your content.
Data that we access automatically
o If you browse our Web
When you visit the Web, we can access certain information stored on your computer or device. For example, we will collect information related to your session, including your IP address, the software of the web browser, as well as the website from which you came.
We may also collect information related to your online activity, as the content you visualized or the lengh of time you are on our Web.
The objective of this is to better understand your interests and preferences so that when you return to visit us we can offer you information that you are most interested in (which could include commercial information), that is relevant to your interests, as well as provide a better navigation experience.
Additionally, we will manage your navigation data in order to produce statistics and analysis related to your preference.
o Cookies and other web technologies
4. LEGITIMATION – Why are we allowed to use your data?
Firstly, we manage your data based on your consent. For that end, we provide you with this document with the required information and recommend that you contact us if you should have any questions.
We also declare our legitimate interests in the use of your data for the purposes of carrying out the activities specific to www.uarethehero.com, such as statistical activities, the presence of cookies to help with navigation and administrative tasks.
5. ADDRESSEES – Who can access your data?
We do not market or offer your personal data to third parties unless we have your specific and individual consent for this purpose.
For the management of our web and to carry out all complementary activities, we have to share your data with third party service providers under their own privacy policies. We will only provide them information that is strictly necessary for their tasks and we require them not to use your personal data for any other purpose. On our side, we will always do our best to guarantee that all third parties that we work with maintain the security of your personal data.
Who are our principal providers?
- Hosting: POM Standard, Carretera N1, km 444, polígono Ubegun, pabellón Isaro, 20150, Villabona
- Web Platform: the platform is programmed on Worldpress.org
- Email Marketing: The Rocket Science Group LLC d/b/a , based in the United States of America. More information at: https://mailchimp.com/ (The Rocket Science Group LLC d/b/a ). The Rocket Science Group LLC uses your data with the purpose of managing email marketing services for UATH
- International transfers: Your personal data could be transferred or accessed and stored in a location outside of the European Economic Space (“EEE”), covered under service contracts previously referred to, such as Google.
We may also share your personal data within the group U ARE THE HERO (meaning, within other platforms, applications or channels that under the same commercial name may offer the activities and services of this web, as well as through the companies that the owner of this website could contribute the activities of the web), always with the purposes described herein and in accordance with the same legal basis that bind us.
6. DURATION – How long will we keep your data?
We will only keep your data during the time required to fulfill your requests or to follow legal obligations. In this context:
- Personal data obtained as per section : until you ask us to eliminate it
- Cookies that are installed on your computer: we keep them during the time it takes to complete our objectives and for a maximum of 365 days.
We may retain some of your personal data in order to comply withour legal, administrative or regulatory obligations, as well as to manage our rights (for example, to enforce any claims in court) or for statistical or historical purposes. When we no longer need your personal data, it will be deleted from our systems and our registry or will be anonymized so that we may no longer identify them.
7. SECURITY. – Is my data saved in a safe way?
We are committed to protecting your personal data and to take all reasonable y measures in order to do so. We contractually require that our trusted third parties with whom we may share your personal data do the same.
We will always do our best to prevent unauthorized access to the personal data that we process. As the transmission of data via the internet is not completely safe, we cannot guarantee the security of the data that you send to our site. In that context, any transmission of data is at your own risk.
8. LINKS to other sites
You may find on our Web links to third party websites. If you follow one such link, keep in mind that these other websites have their own privacy policies and that we are not responsible for their policies. Please check these policies before submitting your personal data to other websites.
9. User Generated Content
Our website allows you to send us your narratives and to make comments on our articles. Remember that this content could be seen by the general public, so you should be cautious about sharing your personal experience and your reviews.
Do not distribute your sensitive information nor contact information, nor that of anybody else. Particularly, keep in mind that health related data is especially sensitive and that you are the only person responsible for the content that you provide via your personal stories. UATH DOES NOT TAKE ON ANY RESPONSIBILITY OVER THE CONTENT THAT USERS PROVIDE.
The web reserves the right to:
- Use the content sent by the users to distribute and promote our activities and services through, for example, the insertion of texts, images or publicity in any social media or communication channel, being respectful with the privacy rights of the users.
- Delete the content and links to other websites that users may include in their stories, if the Web considers that such content provided by users may be illegal or may breach the rights of third parties.
Each user guarantees to www.uarethehero.com that the user is the sole and exclusive owner of the rights inherent in the content that he contributes to the web, or that he has the authority and permissions from the legitimate owners of those rights.
10. COMMERCIAL EMAILS
According to legislation, www.uarethehero.com does carry out SPAM practices. We will not send you emails or other communications that have not been previously requested or authorized by you.
Additionally and in accordance with the current legislation, UATH undertakes not to send communications of a commercial nature without properly identifying them.
11. YOUR RIGHTS
If you want to know what data of yours we have, modify it, revoke your consent (when this is the legal basis of the treatment), delete it, or that we do not use it for any of the already described purposes, etc. you may make your request us in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org
For the sake of transparency, we detail below your rights, for which you will have to prove your identify:
- Right to information. Obtain information that is clear, transparent and easy to understand about the way in which we use your personal data and your rights. We provide you with this information in this Policy.
- Right to access. The right to access the information that we have stored about you (with certain exceptions). Repeated, excessive, or unfounded requests for information could be unfulfilled.
- Right of rectification. The right to have your personal data is rectify if it is not accurate or is no longer valid, or to have it completed if it is incomplete.
- Right of suppression and of opposition (omission). The right to have your personal information erased in certain circumstances, as well as the right to oppose the treatment of your data when the legal basis of the treatment is our legitimate right (among others). As you know, these are not absolute rights, as we may keep some of the data for legal or legitimate reasons. You may also unsubscribe from our communications at any given time, even if this would imply that you will not be informed of benefits or other activities that we offer. The easiest way to unsubscribe is by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link in any of our emails or communications we send.
- Right to remove your consent at any time. You can change your mind at any given moment when the treatment of your personal information is based on your consent. It will not affect the legality of the treatment of the data before your retraction of your consent. To see in which cases the treatment of the data is based on your consent, please see section 3 above.
- Right of Opposition based on the satisfaction of legitimate interests: You may oppose at any time to our processing of your data when the processing is based on the satisfaction of legitimate interests. To know more about the cases in which the treatment of the data is based on legitimate interests, we direct you to section 3 above.
- Right to file a claim with an Authority. You have the right to file a claim with the Spanish Data Protection Agency for our privacy and data protection practices of UATH. Do not hesitate to contact us through any of the communication means shared before filing a claim with the Authorities responsible for data protection.
- Right of Portability of your data. You have the right to move, copy or transfer your data from our database to another one in certain circumstances. For more information, you can contact us via any of the mentioned channels.
- Right to limit the data treatment. You have the right to request the limitation of the processing of your data. If you exercise this right, the processing of your data will be subject to limitations, so we may store them but we may not be able to use them or manipulate them. This right can only be exercised in certain circumstances defined by the EU Regulation on Data Protection.
on the 4th of January of 2021